Shades of Gray

Where every silver lining has a healthy hint of Gray.

Name:
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Gosh, just what I always wanted.

In depressing but not overly surprising news, they apparently can't keep Duke lacrosse gear on the shelves down in Durham.

I say it's not particularly surprising because there will always be both mindless defenders of their favourite team and ironic hipsters looking to make a joke who will buy the jersey or hat of a troubled team or player. Lamar Odom and Ricky Williams jerseys for stoners, for example. But I can't figure out why your reaction on hearing that the entire Duke lacrosse team was involved in a rape case with ugly racial and class overtones would be to go out and buy a team sweatshirt. I really can't fathom why you would buy such a sweatshirt as a present for someone, as a woman mentioned in the story did. For her boyfriend. I'm not quite sure how I would react to getting a Duke lacrosse sweatshirt from my girlfriend, but I'm fairly sure that I would be at the very least confused.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash my O.J. Simpson replica jersey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
since April 8th, 2006
web site traffic counter