Shades of Gray

Where every silver lining has a healthy hint of Gray.

Name:
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hawkeye for President!

So I have a confession to make.

I want a Republican to win the presidency of the United States.

Given that the readership, such as it is, of this blog, watches a lot more of The West Wing than I do, and given that I know at least one reader of the blog doesn't want Vinick to win, perhaps I should explain myself.

1. His name is Arnold. I have to root for Arnolds-it's in my contract.

2. It's Alan Alda, man. How can you not root for Hawkeye Pierce?

3. There's the sheer transgressive thrill of rooting for the map to turn blood-red-how often do you get to root unreservedly for the forces of evil?

And finally, I'd like to live in a world where the conservative Republican administration is the television fantasy and the sensible liberal Democratic president is the reality. A Vinick victory would get us halfway there.

Unfortunately, based on last night's show, I'm betting that my incredible, 1988 Baltimore Orioles-esque election losing streak is going to continue in the fantasy world of television, drat the luck. My official prediction is roughly the same as Michael Tomasky's, and can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counters
since April 8th, 2006
web site traffic counter